
We got the Lasso Golf game(like Jack built for the reunion in Cardston last year). The kids are having a great time. The one that Jack built with pvc pipe and real golf balls though is much better.

Jess, Jordan and Jace are having a great time.

You can see everyone hard at work on the wall. This was definitely a working holiday. We just appreciated everyone's help so much. You can even see Blake ready to drive the tractor. (Reecy doesn't usually dress him in pink but he got his clothes wet in the pool and the wind turned chilly and that was the only extra outfit Grandma had!)

Jeannie and Brent are doing the exacting job of setting the first row. Each block has to been level at 3 measurements and also with the one next to it. It is slow and tedious but absolutely critical. They did an awesome job.

Ben and Dad laid the block and Cassy used the whisk broom to make sure there were no grains of sand or dirt to throw off the level.

Patti and Reecy are filling the blocks.

Cassy and Patti hard at it. I think that is Jordan too. He had to be careful not to get his fingers dirty because he split his fingers right between 2 of them in the webbed part. It is nasty and of course he couldn't wear gloves. He had a staple in it to hold it together and then they were buddy taped.

Actually that looks more like Ethan. If anyone know please post it. Grandma must be getting old.

Here is the first course finished. Grandpa finished laying the last blocks last night. Doesn't it look great?

Where the rock pile/'snake' pile is will be a fire pit so the wall only goes 3 high so it can be used for seating.

The other end of the wall by the swing set will also be used for seating. You can almost push the kids while sitting on the wall.

This is the section that Jeannie came over and helped with yesterday. She and I set the block for this short wall part. And Patti filled all the blocks of the main wall with sand and tamped it with the broom stick. It was a hot day. Jeannie and I had to dig through large rock and chunks of asphalt to get it level. I can't believe how strong Jeannie is to carry those 67# blocks and lay them. Ben had come over on Wed. late afternoon/evening and he and I were able to pull down alot of the hill and backfill with gravel. He brought down the block for Jeannie and I to use the next day. After we finished yesterday I did a bunch more clawing of the hill and bringing down gravel from the trailer and back filling the top layers. (I'm counting on some definition from all the shovelling, chopping and clawing.) I absolutely love to work out there. Today I have to do laundry, dusting and vacuuming and it's all I can do to stay inside and not go out and do more digging. It's addicting! And Dad is so appreciative of everyone's help. It is great. It will be so fun to see it all come together. Love you all.
5 comments:
Your wall looks awesome! We are so excited to see it sometime. As far as Jeannie's strength - she could lift our wagon full of show product pregnant and I couldn't budge it. So embarrassing for me because I'm sure people were thinking, "Why the heck is she having the pregnant lady do all the hard work?!" Sure love you guys. Can hardly wait to see the rest of the wall
Looks great!
Good job to get it all done. It looks wonderful!! I can't wait to see it all finished. We'll have to come over and have a dirt party. Sure love you all!
Way to work together, it looks great! We can't wait to see it. Love you bunches!
I hope I'm not intruding, but I looked at your blog from Brent and Jeannie's and I've been keeping tabs on the wall project because, unfortunately, we have to build one of our own. The problem is the back of our property is in the middle of a hill, so we're trying to figure out how to level the first row...anyways, it's a mess! Yours looks great! And you saved yourselves thousands as I'm sure you're well aware.
Post a Comment